Many hazardous materials do not have a taste or odor. Some material can be detected because they cause physical reactions such as watering eyes or nausea. If you suspect a chemical threat of any kind, please follow the established plan.
- Seal off area affected where the chemical threat has occurred. Do not attempt to move any objects that may have been contaminated.
- Notify the Fire Department, Hazardous Materials Division at 911 by reporting: “We have a possible chemical threat on the ____ floor of the Mandalay Tower, 220 E Las Colinas Blvd.”
- Notify the property management office at 972-869-9399. Alert your supervisor of the situation.
- Once you have reported the threat and closed off the effected area, have any employee that has come into contract with the chemicals wash their hands thoroughly.
- The Fire Department will give you further instructions to follow.
If it becomes necessary to evacuate, the procedure is the same as a fire evacuation.